Investing in your property as a homeowner is a way to receive more in return later on down the road as the value of your home continuously increases. If you are thinking of ways to add value and timeless appeal to an area of your home, consider installing natural skylights.
Skylights provide an array of benefits for homeowners and investors alike without requiring a complete restructuring of a room or foundation. Choosing to install a skylight in any area of your home is a way to truly transform your space.
Skylight Installation Cost Analysis with Vivid Skylights
Before you choose the skylights that are right for your home, there are a few factors to keep in mind and to consider, especially if you are working in a limited space or with a limited renovation budget.
A skylight installation cost estimate will vary based on your preferred style of skylights, the architecture of your home, the pitch of your home’s roof, and even the material used for your roof. All of these variables are factored into the total cost of a skylight installation with Vivid Skylights.
Consider the age of your home’s roof, its architecture, structure, as well as the desired location you have in mind for your new skylights. How much work will be required in order to install the type of skylight you are interested in based on its size and materials as well as the current architecture of your home?
When choosing what type of renovation, update, or upgrade to add to your home, it is important to weigh the pros and cons. A skylight is not only a way to add an aesthetically pleasing element to any space, but it also provides numerous benefits, financially as well as environmentally. New skylights help to significantly cut energy costs, reducing bills throughout cold months of the year while providing a natural source of lighting in the home year-round.
The cost of new skylights typically pays for itself in various ways, from providing additional natural sunlight and vitamin D exposure, to reducing the cost of energy in your home altogether. Whether you are on a mission to live an environmentally friendly life or if you are looking for ways to optimize and minimize your monthly expenses, a skylight is a perfect investment for almost any home.
How Much Does it Cost to Install a Skylight?
Calculating the cost of a new skylight varies greatly depending on the size of the skylight you are interested in as well as your home’s current structure and architecture. Knowing how much to install skylight fixtures can help you to choose a skylight brand and manufacturer that is optimal for your vision.
As a homeowner, investing in your property with updates, upgrades, and even additions is a great way to boost its overall value for future sales or appraisals.
The total cost to install a skylight in your home or another type of property will be determined based on the following factors:
- The size of your home and the number of skylights you intend to purchase and have installed
- The type of skylights you choose (brand, price, size, material, etc.)
- The number of floors in your home
- The pitch of your roof (depending on where you intend to install your skylights)
- Roofing material(s) used to create and/or repair your roof
- Your location and the distance from your home to your preferred skylight installation provider
So What are Skylight Installation Costs?
Installing a skylight does not require thousands of dollars, especially if you intend to complete a smaller project or if you are in need of just a sole skylight. With Vivid Skylights, the average cost of one skylight for the home ranges from approximately $490 to $630. Skylight costs vary based on their materials, brand, size, shape, and in some cases, even additional features or additions.
Skylight installation costs are not typically flat rate, as most skylight installation projects are personalized or customized to fit homes on an individual basis.
Before you move forward with your next skylight project, consider your budget, the number of skylights you want to install, as well as the shape, size, and architecture of your home. If you are planning to install multiple skylights throughout different areas and floors of your home, the overall cost will likely jump due to working on multiple floors and with a group of skylights.
What is the Average Cost of a Skylight Installation?
Figuring the average cost of a skylight installation first requires a complete vision of the project you have in mind. Ask yourself the following questions before finalizing your decisions and choosing the right skylights for your next home improvement or renovation project:
- What is my total budget for this skylight installation project, including the budget available for both the skylights and materials as well as labor and installation?
- How many skylights am I thinking of installing? What rooms am I installing skylights in, and why? Will the installation of new skylights reduce the need for additional lighting and/or power sources throughout my home?
- For what purpose am I installing skylights? Am I interested in improving my home’s overall energy efficiency while reducing energy waste, or do I simply want to increase the value of my home?
- Where do I plan to install my new skylights, and are there special precautions or considerations to keep in mind? Is the location I have chosen for my new skylight difficult to get to, which may increase the installation costs?
- What condition is my roof in? Does my roof require attention or updates and/or repairs prior to the installation of a new skylight?
- What type of roofing material does my home have? Do I need to consider the pitch and overall architecture of my home’s roof when installing a new skylight? How might the current architecture of my home impact the cost of skylights and their installation?
With Vivid Skylights, the average cost of a skylight window is approximately $490 to $630, depending on the size of skylight you are interested in for your home.
Your Skylight Installation Price Will Vary Depending on These Factors
The skylight installation price for any skylight will vary depending on a variety of factors, from roof pitch to the number of skylights being installed in one project. The overall price of the installation of your new skylight will vary based on the following:
- The skylight model, make, and brand you have chosen.
- The size of the skylight you are interested in using in your home.
- The number of skylights you intend to install and whether you are doing so all in the same room or throughout different spaces of your home or property.
- The materials used in the skylight.
- The size of your home.
- The number of floors in your home.
- The specific location and roof pitch of the area of your home where the new skylight will be installed.
- The roofing materials used on your home’s roof.
- The age, pitch, and overall condition of your roof where you intend to install a new skylight.
- The skylight provider you choose to install the new skylights for your home.
The Cost for a Skylight Installation Vs. The Savings
If you are considering skylights, it is important to note that skylights themselves typically provide considerable savings once installed. Skylights provide natural lighting where it is often otherwise unavailable, helping to cut back on energy waste while reducing overall energy costs. The cost for skylight installation typically pays for itself in a short period of time, especially if you intend to use natural lighting to reduce electricity costs and waste.
Some of the most notable advantages of installing skylights into the home today include:
- Add a source of natural light to an otherwise dark place or space
- Reduce your current dependence on electricity and artificial lighting with a new skylight in your home
- Reduce the need to utilize electricity and lighting in smaller spaces, such as bathrooms, hallways, or walkways
- Reduce overall energy consumption throughout your house, ultimately reducing your own carbon footprint as well as the carbon footprint of your entire household
- Provide an additional source of heat during cooler months, lowering your monthly winter heating bills (and all electricity bills depending on your overall energy usage)
- Great for additional ventilation, depending on the type of skylight(s) you install in your home
- Optimize the amount of daylight you are able to enjoy while inside your home each day, improving overall health and mental wellbeing
- Increase the overall value of your property, which is ideal for listing your home on the market in the future as more turn to eco-friendly living alternatives and solutions
Installing a skylight in your home is not only a way to drastically increase the overall aesthetic and appeal of your property, but it is optimal when seeking ways to increase the overall value of your home as well. Comparing skylight brands, sizes, and features can help you to choose a skylight solution that is just right for you and your home.