VIVID ROOF SKYLIGHT WARRANTY INFORMATION
Openwide Homes Pty Ltd ACN 625 508 045 provides that this product is covered by a 5 year warranty from the date of purchase, against faulty workmanship and/or materials. To make a claim, return the faulty item together with proof of purchase of an invoice or sales receipt to the place of purchase. Any handling and transportation costs (and other expenses incurred in claiming this warranty) are not covered by this warranty and will not be borne by Openwide Homes. The replacement product or part or repaired product will be made available for your collection at an address nominated by Openwide Homes. If your claim is not dealt with by your retailer, contact Openwide Homes using the details below. Where a valid warranty claim is made by the original consumer of the product Openwide Homes will replace the defective product or repair the fault. Where the product is repaired, Openwide Homes may use refurbished parts. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse or abuse. Openwide Homes has no other liability under this warranty. The benefits to you given by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods to which the warranty relates. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
What is not covered
- This warranty only covers defects that have arisen from the products manufacture
- This warranty will only apply if the product has been installed by a licenced plumber following our strict installation instructions and maintained in accordance with Openwide Homes maintenance guidelines. Without limiting the foregoing of defect claims to which has resulted from directly or indirectly the products installation carried out differently to Openwide Homes installation guidelines, good workmanship, installation of product outside of recommended locations and conditions, normal wear and tear, use of not genuine Openwide Homes replacement products or components, power supply, transportation and or any inappropriate or insufficient care handling and storing the product. In addition the warranty will not apply to any defects which arise from neglect including but not limited to failure to maintain and/or service the product as described in the installation and maintenance guide. All such instructions can be found on the website www.vividskylights.com.au .
- Normal gaining of surfaces as a result from weathering or effects caused by environmental, atmospheric or corrosive substances including but not limited to such as cleaning ages that may cause a reaction to the components of the product are not covered by this warranty
- Glass corrosion due to debris or standing water on glass are not covered by this warranty
- This warranty does not cover without limitation problems with product damage, malfunction, restricted or reduced function and or water leakage. Which were resulting factors from accidents, blocking or alike of branches, twigs, leaves, ice or snow etc, including without limitation poor workmanship, building design, building movement, acts of God/nature, where applications have high humidity without appropriate ventilation or humidity control, water penetration from ice damming, variations in glass coloration, damage or other issues caused by adverse environmental conditions including to but not limited to acid rain.
- The warranty excludes any claim relating from condensation water damage which may occur as a result of humidity inside or outside of a building or variation between indoor/outdoor temperatures this is not a defect.
- This warranty specifically excludes any leaks due to any of the following: re-roofing without using a licenced plumber, Openwide Homes approved flashings, capping and or sealants. Claims relating to a product left open during rain or other, moisture penetration at seams in the roof deck, incorrect installation of the product, rough opening sizes other than those issued in the Openwide Homes installation instructions, non or improper maintenance of the product or installation, accidental breakage, misuse, abuse, poor building design and construction, act of nature/God, corrosive environmental factors including acid rain and or any other factor unrelated to the original installation guidelines of the product are not covered by this warranty
- Extreme weather conditions such as severe rain, hail, lightning, snow, large roof areas above a roof window (water should be diverted away from roof window), roof pitches above 45 degrees are not covered by this warranty. In case of floor and water overflowing the roof window, this is considered acts of nature/God and is not covered by this warranty.
This warranty also does not cover claims relating to the following:
- Discoloration of parts that are not visible by general use
- Any change of colour and fading whether or not it has been caused by sun/acid rail/salty rain/ condensation/incorrect cleaning products used or any other conditions that may have caused a changing effect
- Minor variations/imperfections in glass that do not affect the product performance or obscure vision
- Any reduction of efficiency of the product such as glazing values and tolerances
- Imperfections in the glass which were present at the time of delivery or have arisen during the warranty period and which do not impair the view
- Corrosion due to industrial and household chemicals
- Exposure to cleaning of other building material near such as but not limited to acid washing bricks and or pressure cleaning of roof etc
- Corrosion of electronic devices due to adverse environmental factors
- Claims in regard to where any film has been applied to the glass surface
2. The warranty does not include the following re-installation labour or other damages caused by reinstallation, dents, cosmetic, superficial or other damages that do not impede the reasonable operation of the roof window.
3. The warranty will be voided in the event unauthorized repairs have taken place
4.1 All costs and expenses relating to the replacement of the product will be borne by the end-user such as but not limited to shipping costs, re-installation, speciality equipment such as scaffolds, boom, crane platforms etc and are not covered by this warranty.
4.2 A call out fee will apply to the end user if a site inspection is required that will be paid in advance prior to the site visit (this fee will be dependent on site location, only site inspections in Melbourne are able to be conducted). If it is determined that the installation is correct and the product is faulty this call out fee will be refunded to the end user. For a site inspection to be completed appropriate fall protection/scaffold or access will need to be provided by the end user prior to the inspection taking place.
5.The end user is solely responsible for maintaining and minimising water damage or any other damage that the product may cause, including all costs and expenses associated with temporary covering the roof opening whilst the product is repaired or replaced.
6. For all product related enquires and warranties please email firstname.lastname@example.org